I’m going to say something that has shocked family members and friends for years. I. DON’T. LIKE. WATER. Just drinking plain water. I know we’re about 50-70% water and drinking it has a ton of benefits, but I have struggled with that since I can remember. And I have argued with people telling me that water has no taste. Sorry, not sorry to disagree.
I have to really make an effort sometimes to drink it, but something that I like is tea. Not a super huge fan yet, but I’m working on it!
Long story short, the other day my left eye got super swollen and I didn’t know why! Apparently it’s a sty, and I found out that if I put some chamomile tea bags on it, it would get better. I looked on the internet the benefits of chamomile tea and I knew I had to share them here. I didn’t know it had that many!
- I have always known that it calms your stomach if you had a heavy meal or if you have nausea. When I was little, my mom used to give me some if I didn’t feel well. It also helps to prevent and get rid of colds.
- Drinking chamomile tea is another way to relief some stress, as it has some sedative power, which makes us sleep better at night.
- You can use chamomile oil after shaving/waxing to relieve the area too. Your skin will thank you for that!
- Prepare some tea (preferably with fresh herbs, not with the little bags), strain it and let it cool. You can use it as a facial tonic and it will deeply cleanse your skin.
- Did you know that you can use chamomile tea to lighten your hair? And it helps you get rid of dandruff and to keep greasy hair on point too!
- If you have dark circles like me, you can put the tea bags on your eyes for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly, for woman that suffer severe cramps during their period, they might want to try and drink chamomile tea a few days before the P day. Apparently it has a relaxing effect in the body that makes a difference.
I’ve been drinking a cup everyday and using the bags for my swollen eye and, at least for the eye, it worked. It also helped me with the cramps, so it is definitely something that I’ll have to add to my routine! Let me know in the comments if you drink tea and how it helps you!
Have a great week!