So here I am, less than 3 years to be 30, and I don’t know what to do with my life. Anyone else can relate? As I said before, this year is quite a test for me. Whatever I wanted before I got to the States (career, hobbies, love) has been thrown out of the window. Kind of. I am a “little” lost.
So while I try to find myself again, I’ve been trying different things and thinking (a lot) about what my options are. In the meantime, I am setting several goals and I have made a life list that I definitely want to complete.
I have seen in several places lists of things to accomplish before 30, and I thought to myself that it would be a great idea. When I turned 25 it felt like a punch in the stomach. I didn’t think that I had accomplished that much compared to what I wanted. With this list of things to accomplish I want to get to my 30th birthday feeling that I actually did something, that I’m moving forward instead of just living life.
So no more talking. I’ll leave you my list here 🙂
- Make the European tour a reality. Hopefully, we’ll make it true next year, but it might have to be in a couple of years… One or two months of traveling and discovering places and cultures. Yes, please!
- Celebrate my wedding with my family.
- Figure out what I want in life and pursue it. Sounds easy?
- Volunteer for a cause. I was actually thinking of contacting a dog shelter. Still gotta work on that.
- Visit all 50 states. Not sure if I’m going to make it, but I’m sure that I’m going to try!
- Buy our first home. And…
- … Have a baby! It’s no secret that I’ve been ready to be a mom for a few years now. At least in my mind. If only I had the economic stability…
- Learn Bulgarian enough to be able to have a conversation. My husband being Bulgarian, it makes sense, right?
- Write a book. Don’t they say it’s one of those things that everyone should do before dying? I have written some stories, but I want to try and write a book. And, why not, send it to a publisher.
- Get a tattoo. I have a couple planned, I just need to get them done.
- Start a family tradition.
- Go to a couple of Backstreet Boys’ shows of the same tour. No shame! Always wanted to do that and I don’t want to wait anymore. Hopefully I’ll be able to do so on the next tour!
- Throw a big dinner party at home. Friends, family… all invited!
- See a Broadway show. Of course.
- Try more exotic foods. I’m a little picky with food, but it’s always good to try new things, right?
- Watch the sunset on a plane. Pretty!
- Learn how to take really good pictures.
- Make new friends. This is a tough one. Never been that good on making friends. Not lucky with the people I met either.
- Dance until the morning. And see the sunrise after.
- Run a half marathon. I’d like to run a Spartan, actually. They seem pretty fun with all the mud.
- Go skinny-dipping. Sounds like fun!
- Perform at a karaoke bar. Not very fan, but you gotta go out of your comfort zone, right?
- Throw yourself a huge birthday party. Yeah, girl!
- Go scuba diving. And admire all the animals and plants under the water.
- Go camping. I did that with my parents when I was a kid and it was really fun!
- Unplug for a full week. And enjoy life like the old days.
- Leave a note for a stranger. I always wanted to do this. What about wishing a good day with a smile on an anonymous note? I’m sure many people would appreciate it!
- Give blood. No need to explain.
- Get taken care of at a spa.
- Adopt a dog. And/or a cat.
PS. Let me know in the comments what things you have on your list! Maybe we can complete our lists?