Happy New Year everyone!!
I know, I know, everyone is making tons of promises about things that they dream to do during this new year. That seems to be always one of the first posts of the year, right? Although I do think that the phrase “New Year, New Me” it’s really overused, overrated and doesn’t actually define the changes that we can make during the next 12 months. You’re still going to be you, no matter what things you change in your life.
I have been thinking of things that I want to accomplish this year and the list is pretty long, to be honest. It always is. And, usually, I am too lazy (kinda) to actually put everything into practice. Let’s see…
For my blog
- I want to grow some figures. I have some numbers in mind, but I am going to keep them to myself for now. I am still learning how to work social media and all that stuff, and I’m sure I’ll find out the way to make it work for me.
- Consistently post 3 times per week. An all time favorite, right? I need to be more organized. And have a schedule. And follow it.
- I will start working in March (if everything goes as planned. Please?!) and I am already looking into freelancing, working from home and other alternatives to the 9-5 or crazy work schedule. My goal is simply to make it work. Once I see how it goes I can make further goals in this area.
- Workout consistently 3-4 times per week. An old favorite.
- Be able to run 5k straight and without dying by the end of January. If this sounds familiar would be because it was a December Goal too… I know, I know. I should just do it and stop repeating goals.
- I want to be on my best shape ever. It’s not about the number in the scale, but about strength, flexibility and feeling good in my own body. I have to admit, this one is also an old favorite.
Life in general
- I have also some things that I want to do with my husband this year, like save up some money, move in to another apartment and stop having roommates, and doing some more small/day trips.
- I want 2016 to be the year that we go back to Europe to visit our home countries. It’s been almost 2 years that I’ve seen my family and friends (my parents and sister have come a couple of times) and I really miss the European lifestyle.
- Also, it wouldn’t hurt me at all to finally do some studying. Languages are something that I love and Italian, Basque and Bulgarian are on my list right now. The main thing that I want to accomplish is to learn enough Bulgarian to maintain a simple and basic conversation. At least.
There we go! These are mainly my main goals, although I also want to start crossing out some things on that 30 before 30 list. That and my bucket list. I should post that one of these days too (note to self).
What are your goals for 2016? I don’t know if I told you this but I love to read people’s goals. Sometimes I get ideas for my own goals too! 🙂 Let me know in the comments or tweet me the link to your blog so I can check!