Have you felt like your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife/partner and you are not as close as you used to be? Go to work, money struggles, family obligations, routine, life… Before you realize, it’s been a while since you had a moment to yourselves without stress or “have to’s”. Also, with all the technology that we have today, it seems difficult to disconnect and leave the phone on a side.
Today I come with a list of 20 things that every couple can do to get closer to each other. And do you know what the best thing is? Most of them are FREE!! 😀
- Cultivate common interests and try each other’s hobbies. Even if your partner’s hobbies don’t really seem interesting to you, give it a try. The other person will appreciate your effort. Also, you could try a new hobby together, you could find something that you both are passionate about and discovering it at the same time makes it extra special.
- Trust and forgive. Very important even if sometimes it can seem difficult.
- Focus more on the things that your partner does right than what he/she does wrong. We should do this with everyone, but it’s extra important with our partner.
- Hug and kiss when you see each other after work. The best way to be welcomed home!
- Say “I love you” and “Have a good day” before going to work.
- Say “Good night” regardless how you feel.
- Go to bed at the same time. I love the moment before falling asleep, when we’re cuddling next to each other.
- Show interest on your partner’s day
- Go on a Road Trip. Spending several hours in a car with each other might be a test for some couples.
- Work on a puzzle or LEGO construction. Perfect to learn how to solve problems.
- Be comfortable in silence with each other
- Leave notes on mirrors/notebooks. Who doesn’t love to see a love note without expecting it?
- Unplug. It is so important to have some time without cell phones, laptops, TV… Just enjoy each other.
- Budget. It’s important to be on the same page and to commit to it.
- Shower together
- Walk hand in hand or side by side.
- Help each other shave. I don’t know if I trust myself enough to help him shave LOL
- Always say thank you. Everyone likes to feel appreciated.
- Date nights. They don’t need to be anything special, just you and him/her enjoying some time together.
- Cook meals together
How many of these things do you do on a regular basis with your partner? Do you have any other ideas? List them down in the comments below