After the (not so long and cold) winter, I always get happy when March comes. It seems like it is the time of the year when everything starts being happier and brighter. The temperatures go (finally) up, the days get longer… What’s not to like about March?
Oh, and it’s my birthday too!
Ever since I went to school I divided the year in two periods:
- October to March was the sad part of the year. Cold, rainy, the days are short and it gets dark really early (to me). It was the time of the year when you needed to put layers and layers of clothes not to be cold, and I usually got lazy to go outside. Fortunately, a few holidays during this time made the “sad season” a little happier, like Christmas. I’ve always loved Christmas 😀
- March to September is the happier time, as the days start getting longer, the temperature raises and you can enjoy being under the sun in the park (or the beach, if you’re lucky to live nearby). I love it when you get off work or class and you can still grab some drinks with some friends because there’s still daylight around 8-9pm. That really makes me a happy person.
So, today I wanted to make a list of things that I can’t wait to happen in the upcoming months. Some of them are already planned (hello, Chicago!), and some others are still ideas to plan.
- I hope I can get my driver’s license in a couple of weeks. The immigration process is being a rather big pain in the butt, and I couldn’t be happier to be almost done with it. Yeah, I am preparing a few posts about this subject.
- I want to prepare a couple of small day trips/excursions this month, taking advantage of both the warmer temperatures and the later sundown. We visited a couple of State Parks last summer and they were very pretty, so I’m aiming to start going to some this year too. And hiking Stone Mountain. Because that view is very worth it.
- Daylight saving time! – March 13th. I can’t wait for this to happen. Basically because it will mean that it’s going to get dark an hour later. And I love that.
- St Patrick’s! – March 17th. Since we are going to Chicago at the end of April, I’ll have to check out the green painted Chicago River another time.
- Welcome, SPRING! – March 21st. And it doesn’t really matter that it’s a Monday. We should celebrate somehow!
- My birthday! – March 24th. I’m not happy to turn a year older, but, you know, how not to be happy on your birthday! 😀 Also, we have tickets to go see the Cirque du Soleil with my in-laws and we’ll probably go have dinner after.
- Easter. I’ll look for some events happening in the city. Maybe some egg hunting for adults?
- I also have my days packed with things to do for the blog, on my social networks and a couple of other projects that I’m dealing with. It’s going to be a busy month! And I can’t wait to make everything happen.
Our trip to Chicago is going to happen in April, but it’s something to be looking for. We’re not going to have that much time up there, but I’m sure we’ll be able to squeeze some visits and walks around the city. Let me know in the comments if you have some local spots to recommend! 😀
Let me know also in the comments if there’s something in particular that you’re looking for to happen this month. I always love to hear other plans!
Have a happy month!