It’s been a couple of months since I did my last monthly goals (in January I just did a list of goals for 2016). For this month I have a couple of REALLY interesting ones, as I’m closer to start something that I’m very excited about.
I also got very motivated to work towards my 30 before 30 list and I’ll show you how in an upcoming post.
Let me share with you my goals for this short month:
- Workouts/Fitness: Yeah, this is an old one. Yesterday I got up at 7am and went for a (very) short run, but I felt so good afterwards! I am thinking of doing that 2-3 times per week and start the day with energy. Also, I went a couple of times to my community gym last week, but I don’t know what’s wrong with it because it really stinks (argh!), so I decided to workout at home with the great help of Youtube videos. 2 times per week should be good. Let’s get that routine, baby!
- Reading: I’m pretty happy that I have a reading habit now. Maybe I don’t read as much time as I’d like, but I do that every day, which is a very good thing.
- Languages: OMG I’ve been so busy researching and doing blog stuff and other things that I didn’t even open Duolingo once lol. I have a lot on my table now, so I’m just going to forget this one for now.
- Blog: Also an oldie. I have to organize myself with a calendar/weekly schedule and post 2-3 times per week. I still have (and want to) a lot to learn about blogging.
- Be more positive, happier and appreciate things better. I think I’m getting better at this one. I’m not worrying about other people’s negativity and that’s making my life easier.
- Have a good night sleep every night. Ok, maybe last night is not the best example (I slept like 4h…), but I am getting better at going to sleep earlier and waking up earlier in the morning. I’m not sure if I’ll ever be a morning person, but I do like the feeling of getting things done early and be productive (who doesn’t?).
- Start my own business. See, for a very important reason (that I might explain in a few months) I’ve been a housewife for a while now, but I expect to go back to work in a few weeks. I have a degree in tourism and a couple of master’s degrees in tourism management, but after a few years of working in hotels I wasn’t sure if I wanted to work in hotels anymore. After several months of thinking about what I could do with the rest of my life, I decided that I could start my own business. Ok, good idea, but what about? A couple of months ago I found a great idea that would allow me to have the freedom that I wanted while earning some money, so this month I am dedicating myself to learn all about it. It’s going to be challenging and I’ll have to get out of my comfort zone, but what’s life if we don’t take risks/challenges?
It’s going to be a very exciting month and I can’t wait to rock these goals!
What are your goals for this month? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Happy New Year everyone!!
I know, I know, everyone is making tons of promises about things that they dream to do during this new year. That seems to be always one of the first posts of the year, right? Although I do think that the phrase “New Year, New Me” it’s really overused, overrated and doesn’t actually define the changes that we can make during the next 12 months. You’re still going to be you, no matter what things you change in your life.
I have been thinking of things that I want to accomplish this year and the list is pretty long, to be honest. It always is. And, usually, I am too lazy (kinda) to actually put everything into practice. Let’s see…
For my blog
- I want to grow some figures. I have some numbers in mind, but I am going to keep them to myself for now. I am still learning how to work social media and all that stuff, and I’m sure I’ll find out the way to make it work for me.
- Consistently post 3 times per week. An all time favorite, right? I need to be more organized. And have a schedule. And follow it.
- I will start working in March (if everything goes as planned. Please?!) and I am already looking into freelancing, working from home and other alternatives to the 9-5 or crazy work schedule. My goal is simply to make it work. Once I see how it goes I can make further goals in this area.
- Workout consistently 3-4 times per week. An old favorite.
- Be able to run 5k straight and without dying by the end of January. If this sounds familiar would be because it was a December Goal too… I know, I know. I should just do it and stop repeating goals.
- I want to be on my best shape ever. It’s not about the number in the scale, but about strength, flexibility and feeling good in my own body. I have to admit, this one is also an old favorite.
Life in general
- I have also some things that I want to do with my husband this year, like save up some money, move in to another apartment and stop having roommates, and doing some more small/day trips.
- I want 2016 to be the year that we go back to Europe to visit our home countries. It’s been almost 2 years that I’ve seen my family and friends (my parents and sister have come a couple of times) and I really miss the European lifestyle.
- Also, it wouldn’t hurt me at all to finally do some studying. Languages are something that I love and Italian, Basque and Bulgarian are on my list right now. The main thing that I want to accomplish is to learn enough Bulgarian to maintain a simple and basic conversation. At least.
There we go! These are mainly my main goals, although I also want to start crossing out some things on that 30 before 30 list. That and my bucket list. I should post that one of these days too (note to self).
What are your goals for 2016? I don’t know if I told you this but I love to read people’s goals. Sometimes I get ideas for my own goals too! 🙂 Let me know in the comments or tweet me the link to your blog so I can check!
Last month I didn’t get to do a post about my monthly goals, but here I come now! I am still amazed how fast this year has gone by. I can’t believe it’s already December!
From the goals I had back in October I didn’t really get anything done. I started working on them, but I seem to be taking baby steps compared to what I want to accomplish. Step by step, they say. I’ll just have to take bigger steps so I can get somewhere, haha.
Here I have my goals for the last month of the year:
- Workouts: I want to be able to run 5K by the end of the month, and lift weights 1-2 times per week.
- Read 3 books. I’m right now at 1.5-2 and enjoying it!
- Languages: Take advantage of Duolingo.com 5 days per week.
- Blog: Post 2-3 days per week, work on social media and growing the views, post more recipes and DIY projects.
- Be more positive. And happier. And appreciate things better.
- Go to bed around 11pm and wake up around 8am. I’ve always needed to sleep more than most of the people, but never really had a regular schedule. This would also help me to be able to get more things done during the day.
- About 9 years ago I started writing stories and I loved it. I want to start doing it again; it’s a great way for me to disconnect and relax.
So there they are! You are my witnesses and I have to get a kick on my butt and start working towards them!
Do you have any goals for this month? How do you keep yourself accountable? Let me know in the comments!
So here I am, less than 3 years to be 30, and I don’t know what to do with my life. Anyone else can relate? As I said before, this year is quite a test for me. Whatever I wanted before I got to the States (career, hobbies, love) has been thrown out of the window. Kind of. I am a “little” lost.
So while I try to find myself again, I’ve been trying different things and thinking (a lot) about what my options are. In the meantime, I am setting several goals and I have made a life list that I definitely want to complete.
I have seen in several places lists of things to accomplish before 30, and I thought to myself that it would be a great idea. When I turned 25 it felt like a punch in the stomach. I didn’t think that I had accomplished that much compared to what I wanted. With this list of things to accomplish I want to get to my 30th birthday feeling that I actually did something, that I’m moving forward instead of just living life.
So no more talking. I’ll leave you my list here 🙂
- Make the European tour a reality. Hopefully, we’ll make it true next year, but it might have to be in a couple of years… One or two months of traveling and discovering places and cultures. Yes, please!
- Celebrate my wedding with my family.
- Figure out what I want in life and pursue it. Sounds easy?
- Volunteer for a cause. I was actually thinking of contacting a dog shelter. Still gotta work on that.
- Visit all 50 states. Not sure if I’m going to make it, but I’m sure that I’m going to try!
- Buy our first home. And…
- … Have a baby! It’s no secret that I’ve been ready to be a mom for a few years now. At least in my mind. If only I had the economic stability…
- Learn Bulgarian enough to be able to have a conversation. My husband being Bulgarian, it makes sense, right?
- Write a book. Don’t they say it’s one of those things that everyone should do before dying? I have written some stories, but I want to try and write a book. And, why not, send it to a publisher.
- Get a tattoo. I have a couple planned, I just need to get them done.
- Start a family tradition.
- Go to a couple of Backstreet Boys’ shows of the same tour. No shame! Always wanted to do that and I don’t want to wait anymore. Hopefully I’ll be able to do so on the next tour!
- Throw a big dinner party at home. Friends, family… all invited!
- See a Broadway show. Of course.
- Try more exotic foods. I’m a little picky with food, but it’s always good to try new things, right?
- Watch the sunset on a plane. Pretty!
- Learn how to take really good pictures.
- Make new friends. This is a tough one. Never been that good on making friends. Not lucky with the people I met either.
- Dance until the morning. And see the sunrise after.
- Run a half marathon. I’d like to run a Spartan, actually. They seem pretty fun with all the mud.
- Go skinny-dipping. Sounds like fun!
- Perform at a karaoke bar. Not very fan, but you gotta go out of your comfort zone, right?
- Throw yourself a huge birthday party. Yeah, girl!
- Go scuba diving. And admire all the animals and plants under the water.
- Go camping. I did that with my parents when I was a kid and it was really fun!
- Unplug for a full week. And enjoy life like the old days.
- Leave a note for a stranger. I always wanted to do this. What about wishing a good day with a smile on an anonymous note? I’m sure many people would appreciate it!
- Give blood. No need to explain.
- Get taken care of at a spa.
- Adopt a dog. And/or a cat.
PS. Let me know in the comments what things you have on your list! Maybe we can complete our lists?
I know October started a week ago, but I just decided I’m going to start posting my goals for the month. I think that’s a great idea to keep yourself accountable, right?
Goal: desired result that a person or a system envisions, plans and commits to achieve
- Workout: This is a tough one… It’s always a goal of mine and I usually fail completely. For this month, I’ll try to go for a run 2 times a week and go to the gym 2 times a week. Anyone wanna be my workout buddy?
- I want to go more often for walks too. Everyday. Just to enjoy the weather and the colors of this season. As I said before, I was really looking for fall this year and I want to take advantage of it! And take pictures. A ton of pictures.
- Cook more (5 days a week at least) and try to meal prep (which comes with the cooking part). Just to be a little more organized. And I want to try to bake at least once this month. Nothing better than baking a cake and having that sweet smell around the house, right?
- Read 3 books. Try to be 4. It’s amazing how much I used to read when I was a kid and now… I have an ebook, and I don’t use it as much as I should. I really enjoy reading,
- Regarding languages, I really need to start sitting down and studying some Bulgarian. And Italian has been on my list for a long time and shouldn’t be that difficult for me. 2 hours per language per week should be enough to start.
- As per the blog, I want to post 2-3 posts per week and be consistent with it. For the last month I have lacked motivation and it has been reflected on the blog. I have put together (with the help of the internet) a daily to-do list that includes writing, promoting and checking social networks and I should follow it most days (at least).
- I also have a project going on that I can’t really talk about and that I hope I can take off this month. Fingers crossed.
I actually have a few goals, right? I’m going to work hard to smash this goals and I’ll come back next month and tell you guys that I rocked it! LOL
Do you make monthly/weekly goals? Do you write them down? Let me know down in the comments!